-----Original Message-----
From: Simon St.Laurent [mailto:simonstl@simonstl.com]

There's some good reading over at www-tag on the many "social" issues
surrounding URIs.  The context is RDF-specific, but seems appropriate to
XML URI usage as well.

Original message (TimBL):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0022.html

Contrasting reply (Pat Hayes):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0147.html

There's lots of potentially useful food for thought in there, though I'm
still fond of this formulation:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jan/0301.html

www-tag seems to be coming back to (cranky) life lately, albeit on
familiar territory.  If anyone thinks, for instance, that the W3C,
Apache, and IETF get along magically, try:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0057.html