   RE: [xml-dev] Who provide for the syntax for "file:///c:/" ?

They wouldn't really need to. It would be a good achievement to get
consensus on the *right* syntax, and have that one supported everywhere. As
far as I can tell, the only issue is how to map the drive letter.

> if the new file scheme definition remained in the spirit of the old one.
> Actually file has never been implemented as a protocol, even 1738 warned
> about this, really this should be defined as a special scheme using
> the opaque_part derivation of absoluteURI if one want to get something out
> of a redefinition.
>   I'm still pessimistic about this,

At least there is a new Internet Draft. I''m sure the authors will
appreciate constructive feedback.

Julian