   Re: [xml-dev] the web client interface was RE: [xml-dev] Two link questi

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 11:06:08AM +1000, Rick Marshall wrote:
> of course closed source companies like ms could violate lots of
> copyrights and we'd never know because noone can look at the code....
> hmmm...

  Unless finding string in the symbol table matches the ones from
similar open-source project. This happen more frequently than people
would like. This is fine for some licences, and a violation for others,
usually this get settled quickly once discovered :-) . Large companies
tend to not borrow code without some legal checking [1] and smaller ones
don't like when their PR department find their name on a Slashdot
Copyright violation story :-)

Daniel

[1] there was one relatively nasty story about Linux GPL'ed network drivers
    code found apparently on Solaris x86 network drivers, the author was
    quite irate about this. So this still happen sometimes though...