   RE: [xml-dev] namespaces (was RE: [xml-dev] rss regularis(z)ation)

dareo@microsoft.com (Dare Obasanjo) writes:
>Debating the pros and cons of XML namespaces is like arguing about
>whether the internal combustion engine is a good idea. The world has
>moved on.
>
>Hopefully XML-DEV will catch on to this in a few years.

Perhaps you would prefer a different kind of list, one purely about how
to service and tune these internal combustion engines rather than means
of improving or replacing them?

While "the world" does seem sort of vaguely content with the XML tools
they've got, I don't think we've begun to figure out how to best to work
with markup.  XML-DEV remains a place where it's possible to discuss
these issues and figure out what alternative solutions might look like.
There's a lot of potential for creative new technology in this field,
and I see a lot of it emerge here - permathreads and "the world" or not.

>From my perspective, that's not a flaw in the list - it's what makes
this place valuable.

--
Simon St.Laurent