   Re: [xml-dev] rss regularis(z)ation

Bill Kearney wrote:
> I'd also like to see an valid explanation of this so-called 'toxcitity' some
> folks wave about.  At several points _in_the_past_ some tools have had major
> problems dealing with namespaces properly.  This is no longer the case.

 From both the list and my own experience, proper and efficient
namespace support is a major headache for tool implementors.
There are further pitfalls associated with usages of namespaces
outside the syntactic context of XML, for example if it comes
to XPath.

I don't want to get into unelegant (could say: improper) usage
of namespaces, for example in XSD for disambiguating type names.
This certainly feels toxic.

Nevertheless, you wont get nearly as much complaints from
people which are used to access and format XML through proper
tools only instead of insisting in rolling their own.

J.Pietschmann