   Re: [xml-dev] more politics

Tim Bray scripsit:

> A resource is identified by URI and may
> emit representations.  There's no way to tell from the representations
> what the resource "is"; I tend to believe a resource is what its
> publisher says it is as a good rule of thumb.  But it doesn't affect the
> software very much.

It's not about what the resource is, but about what may be
truthfully predicated about it.  Is it true to say that the size of
"http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/vinci/joconde/joconde.jpg"; is
743x1155 pixels, or is it true to say that it is 77x53 cm?  It can't
be both.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com> www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
Micropayment advocates mistakenly believe that efficient allocation of