   RE: [xml-dev] Requests for Comments or Request for Comments ?

Here it's using the plural "Requests for Comments" rather than the singular
"Request for Comments", though in this context I think it could probably be
either, with "Request for Comments" used as an opaque label. If Mr.Cowan
says different, go with his version ;-)

Requests for Comments (RFCs) are described in Request for Comments (RFC)
2026

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2026.txt

Cheers,
Danny.