   Re: [xml-dev] more politics

Thomas B. Passin wrote:

> ...  IMO, we should not use a real network-retrieving
> URI as an identifier for any RDF node, because the node is not a
> network-retrievable thing.  A copy of an RDF _graph_ may be retrievable,
but
> that is a different thing.  If we want to have a node represent some
actual
> working network resource, use some appropriate property so say so.

One is _expected_ to use a network-retrieving URI as an identifier for an
OWL ontology. The OWL ontology construct:

<owl:Ontology rdf:about="">
  <owl:versionInfo>v 1.17 2003/02/26 12:56:51 mdean</owl:versionInfo>
  <rdfs:comment>An example ontology</rdfs:comment>
  <owl:imports rdf:resource="http://www.example.org/foo"/>
</owl:Ontology>

is used to make assertions about the 'current URI'. Moreover, the fact that
OWL ontologies are network retrievable (have URIs) is used to import one
ontology into another <owl:imports>

Jonathan