   Re: [xml-dev] more politics

Jonathan Borden scripsit:

> Can one derive inferences from Topic Maps, that one could not similarly
> derive from an OWL ontology? RDF/OWL makes these sorts of sharp distinctions
> quite easy.

True, a point I made in a later posting.  But in topic maps, the separation
of resource-as-document and resource-as-subject goes right down to the
bottom:  *every* appearance of a URI is unambiguously labeled as one or
the other.  I hold this to be a Good Thing.

--
"Clear?  Huh!  Why a four-year-old child        John Cowan
could understand this report.  Run out          jcowan@reutershealth.com