   RE: [xml-dev] more politics

  • To: "Mike Champion" <mc@xegesis.org>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] more politics
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:07:25 -0700

The whole "GETs must be side effect free" is a spec bug as far as I'm concerned. I can understand saying that they should be idempotent but besides opening the door to a bunch of metaphysical discussions aboutt "what exactly constitutes a side effect" I don't see what purpose that part of the spec serves.