   RE: [xml-dev] Extract A Subset of a W3C XML Schema?

<quote>
One approach that looks interesting is the UDEF:

	http://www.udef.org

Which at least attempts to provide some equivalence between ns1:tomato
and ns2:tomatoe...

</quote>

This is interesting. Isn't this what Oasis/UBL is trying to do also? UDEF, OAG, UBL, xCBL, etc.... that sounds like a lot of "universal" electronic business interchange formats. Which is fine with me, means that they'll need people to write translation code :-)

But this has to be seen as a problem. From reading their mailing lists I know that UBL is trying to work with OAG on document design. How would UDEF enter the picture??

-------------------------------------
Patrick Garvey
Document Engineer

Talaris Corporation
1400 Fashion Island Boulevard
San Mateo, CA, 94404

(650) 212 8434 phone
(650) 212 8499 fax

pgarvey@talaris.com
http://www.talaris.com

Red Herring "Top 10 Companies to Watch"
InfoWorld "Top 100 Technology Innovators"
Enterprise 2002 "Top 5 New Big Thing"