   RE: [xml-dev] Extract A Subset of a W3C XML Schema?

One approach that looks interesting is the UDEF:

Which at least attempts to provide some equivalence between ns1:tomato
and ns2:tomatoe...

This is interesting. Isn't this what Oasis/UBL is trying to do also? UDEF, OAG, UBL, xCBL, etc.... that sounds like a lot of "universal" electronic business interchange formats. Which is fine with me, means that they'll need people to write translation code :-)

But this has to be seen as a problem. From reading their mailing lists I know that UBL is trying to work with OAG on document design. How would UDEF enter the picture??

Patrick Garvey
Document Engineer

Talaris Corporation
1400 Fashion Island Boulevard
San Mateo, CA, 94404
(650) 212 8434 phone
(650) 212 8499 fax

Red Herring "Top 10 Companies to Watch"
InfoWorld "Top 100 Technology Innovators"
Enterprise 2002 "Top 5 New Big Thing"