   Re: [xml-dev] more politics

    >> "side effect" has a well defined meaning in computer science.
    >> It refers to the client, not to the server.

    Dare> I haven't really come across the term "side effect" in the
    Dare> realm of distributed computing so I'd be curious as to a
    Dare> pointer to where this is well defined. However I do know
    Dare> that idempotent operations are well defined.

I infer you have come accross it in nondistributed computing then. I
fail to see what difference distributed computing adds to
non-distributed computing so that definitions suddenly have a
different meaning. More over, for any call, it is irrelevant where it
is executed (as long as the (implicit) context is retained). Ever
heard of DCOM? <grin>

--
Regards,

Berend. (-: