   Re: [xml-dev] Using RDF in XML documents

Morcom, Harvey wrote:

><Document>
>	<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"; xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.0/";>
>	  <rdf:Description rdf:about="RDF Test File">
>	    <dc:title> RDF Test File </dc:title>
>	    <dc:creator> John Smith </dc:creator>
>	    <dc:date> 2003-09-01 </dc:date>
>	  </rdf:Description>
>	</rdf:RDF>
>	<Section>
>	etc....

Right, except that you probably want to use <rdf:Description
rdf:about=""> to refer to the "current document"

>I assume I would then need to add the RDF vocabulary to my XML Schema in order for the XML file to be valid?

Yes, while it is not possible to write an XML Schema for general
RDF/XML, it certainly is possible to write an XML Schema for a specific
fragment of RDF so embedded in an XML document.

>Finally, how does the RDF Schema fit in?

I'd not worry about this for your specific application. "RDF Schema" is
somewhat of a misnomer in the sense that it doesn't specify syntactic
constraints, rather a mechanism of developing vocabularies and
classifications e.g. ontologies. The <a
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/";>OWL guide</a> explains how such
things might be used.

Jonathan