   Re: [xml-dev] Is whitespace allowed with xsi:nil="true" ?

The W3C XML Schema REC says  :

  "[if xsi:nil is true t]he element information item must have no
   character or element information item [children]."

So I think Xerces is giving the correct answer.  XSV also gives an
error for this one:

  " <invalid char="1" code="cvc-elt.1.2.1" line="5"
    resource=".../niltest-whitespace.xml">element name is nilled
       but is not empty</invalid>"

ht
                      Half-time member of W3C Team