   RE: [xml-dev] Need clarification of Section 2.11 End-of-Line Handling in

>Notice that the only part which has been affected by
>the "normalization" is the text from the entity.
>2. The second way of interpreting this section of the XML specification
>is that an XML processor will normalize *** all *** line breaks

If you compare the second paragraph in
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-line-ends with the second paragraph in 2.11
of the original 1998 version of the Recommendation
(http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210#sec-line-ends), the key
difference is the addition of the phrase "(including the document entity),"
which I'm guessing was added to address the very point you bring up, so it
looks like 2. is correct to me.

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii