   Re: RE : [xml-dev] Text or tags choice with XSD

Oops - I forgot about that. Then you should probably use abstract types
(see section 4.7 Abstract Elements and Types of the Schema Primer) and
use xsi:type in your instance document to define which type is being
used at runtime.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

GARNIER Pierre wrote:

> No, union are not usable within complex types.
>
> > Pierre,
> >
> > This can be done with Union types [1].
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Joe Chiusano
> > Booz | Allen | Hamilton
> >
> > [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-0-20010502/primer.html#UnionDt
> >
> > GARNIER Pierre wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Here are two <time> elements differing only in there content :
> > >
> > > 1)
> > > <doc>
> > >   <time>14:09<time>
> > > </doc>
> > >
> > > 2)
> > > <doc>
> > > </doc>
> > >
> > > In an XSD schema, how to indicate that the <time> element can contain
> > > text and only text or <hour> tag followed by <min> tag?
> > >
> > > I tried with a choice group containing two <time> elements with
> > > different types but it doesn't work : it is not possible to have two
> > > elements with the same name.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > Pierre.

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano