   In search of a RelaxNG validator

Is there a validator for RelaxNG that (a) supports the compact
syntax and (b) is NOT written in Java?  (xmllint from the Gnome
project apparently only supports the XML syntax).

After spending another two hours fighting with JDKs, JREs,
JVMs, and CLASSPATHs, I've given up on Jing and Trang.

If I can't find a non-Java validator, or at least a tool
to translate the compact syntax, I'll have to write one
myself.  (Just to be perverse, I'm going to do it in Haskell.)

Thanks for any advice,

--Joe English

  jenglish@flightlab.com