   RE: [xml-dev] xml namespace prefix resolution

What does this have to do with the PSVI?

From http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/

"[in-scope namespaces] An unordered set of namespace information items,
one for each of the namespaces in effect for this element. This set
always contains an item with the prefix xml which is implicitly bound to
the namespace name http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace. It does not
contain an item with the prefix xmlns (used for declaring namespaces),
since an application can never encounter an element or attribute with
that prefix. The set will include namespace items corresponding to all
of the members of [namespace attributes], except for any representing a
declaration of the form xmlns="", which does not declare a namespace but
rather undeclares the default namespace. When resolving the prefixes of
qualified names this property should be used in preference to the
[namespace attributes] property;"

Of course, neither DOM nor SAX is actually based on the XML Infoset so
it is unsurprising that they don't expose such functionality but this
doesn't mean that it has anything to do with the PSVI.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
People never like to discuss a lack of communication.

rights.