   Re: [xml-dev] xml namespace prefix resolution

Earlier, he wrote:

> I want to use jaxp api's to parse <elem> into a QName .

Perhaps you could clarify what is it that you are trying to achieve
with the standard APIs of JAXP. JAXP only specifies parser bootstrap
-- how you get a hold of a working parser, and not much beyond
that. To do anything with a document you parsed with a JAXP parser,
you have to use some other code. Strictly speaking, SAX and DOM are
not part of JAXP, but these are the two APIs that JAXP supports.

Explain what you are doing and what you are using and we'll try to
answer or point you to documentation.

Ari.