Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: Xml-Dev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Data Oriented and Document Oriented Defintions
- From: George Richard Russell <George.Russell@cis.strath.ac.uk>
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:15:08 +0100
- Organization: Department of Computer and Information Sciences, Universityof Strathclyde
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624
I was wondering if there was a "good" definition of both data
"record-like" and document oriented "narrative" XML which is either
widely accepted, or otherwise published in the academic literature.
I have been unable to find a usable definition, and wondered if one was
known to those on this list. Has anyone gone through the features of XML
1.0 and attempted to partition them into data|doc|both? Or does it seem
more likely that the split occurs in how the various features are used,
as opposed to what features?
Apologies for possibly awakening a permathread.