   Data Oriented and Document Oriented Defintions

  • To: Xml-Dev <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Data Oriented and Document Oriented Defintions
  • From: George Richard Russell <George.Russell@cis.strath.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:15:08 +0100

I was wondering if there was a "good" definition of both data
"record-like" and document oriented "narrative" XML which is either
widely accepted, or otherwise published in the academic literature.

I have been unable to find a usable definition, and wondered if one was
known to those on this list. Has anyone gone through the features of XML
1.0 and attempted to partition them into data|doc|both? Or does it seem
more likely that the split occurs in how the various features are used,
as opposed to what features?

Apologies for possibly awakening a permathread.

Thanks
George Russell