   Re: [xml-dev] ISO turns evil?

> Again, this is all premature.  Obviously, someone has made some kind
> of a serious mistake at ISO (given the warning on the Web site), but
> hopefully it's one that they will fix quickly.  If not, then they will
> rapidly become completely irrelevant in the standards world, since
> almost no one is interested in taking a risk with standards that might
> turn out not to be royalty-free.

I've been taking particular note of this as I've been trying to find out
if it just applies to country codes or (for example) it applies to ISO
8879 and 9573 entity sets for characters in SGML/XML. I'd agreed to edit
a proposed update of ISO/IEC 9573 based on work on the MathML entity
sets, as described here
http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/
but if these things are not going to be free I don't want to do them at
all...

David

http://www.star.net.uk