   Re: [xml-dev] Questions for SPA Bêtes VIP

At 2003-09-24 08:21 -0700, puja thakral wrote:
I'm new to this group and to XML.I've been trying hard to solve this problem
>but it's getting ontomy nerves now.I'm sure it's a very small issue,please
>help me.

You have an HTML problem, not an XML or XSLT problem (though I have some
suggestions for your XSLT).

To create an anchor on a page, you need (I've added a space to prevent it
from being interpreted in mailers):

    < a name="some-unique-value-here">Content for the section title< /a>

Then, in your table of contents, you create the hyperlink using the
octothorpe to indicate it is on the same page:

    < a href="#some-unique-value-here">Content for TOC title< /a>

Without the above combination, you will not have local hyperlinks.

Looking at the <Grant> elements in your XML I don't see any candidates for
unique values, so use the generate-id() function.

I note that you have hardwired your table of contents rather than iterating
over your <Grant> elements, so you'll want to change that as well.

XSLT and XPath questions would be better posted to the following list:

There are a number of subscribers who would enthusiastically respond to
such questions.

There is also an *excellent* FAQ at:

   http://www.dpawson.co.uk

I hope this all helps.

.................. Ken

--
Next public US delivery:        3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2003-10-13
Next public European delivery:  3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2003-11-??

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                               Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:     http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/bc