   Re: [xml-dev] Quark and XML

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Quark and XML
  • From: ari@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (K. Ari Krupnikov)
  • Date: 25 Sep 2003 11:24:41 -0700
  • Sender: ari@lib.aero

"Nicolas Toper" <ntoper@jouve.fr> writes:

> basically, it depends on what you need to do with the XML output... So
> please tell us :=))

I have a very simple newspaper article DTD (~10 elements, a subset of
docbook) that carries no formatting information. The XML is used to
produce an online edition of a small local newspaper. They first edit
a print edition in Quark, then manually cut and paste text into XML
and send it down an XSLT pipeline. They don't care much for preserving
any of Quark's formatting, but do want to preserve things like
paragraphs.

Tommie, thanks for the pointers.

Ari.