   Re: [xml-dev] Parsing filtered XML into a DOM tree - how?

Graham Leggett scripsit:

> All the examples and docs I can find describe either parsing the entire
> XML file into a DOM tree, or doing the entire parsing job yourself using
> a SAX parser.

Exactly.  If you are using Java (as I suppose you are), then you should
consider XOM (http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM), which by default
produces a DOM-style tree (but modified to be much more convenient for
Java programmers), but allows you to write a subclass of its Builder
class that lets you specify which elements you want to incorporate in
the tree, process separately (as soon as the element is complete), or discard
altogether.