   RE: [xml-dev] A Few Thoughts on an Ontology as a Self Organizing System

Right.  Introduction of parameters is a better approach,
although it indicates that as I said, the system is not
closed or completely self-organizing.  It requires an
environment.  That is a basic principle of behavioral
cybernetics.  Further, the environment can be modified
by the evolving entities it contains, and that modifies
the entities as well.  This is a fundamental of ecosystems
and the application to information system is information
ecosystems: adaptation of self to environment and environment
to self.

The values in the camera document changes as the instance
of the camera changes.  The values of the schema of the
camera changes when **cameras** evolve.  This relationship
of schema to document, type to instance, can only be evolutionary
when an observer of camera evolution changes the schema.

It is a sensing or semiotic system.  The environment is
also a semiotic entity.  This model of recursion of feedback-mediated
adaptation is found in living systems and can be applied
to artificial systems.

len