   RE: [xml-dev] RE: A Few Thoughts on an Ontology as a Self Organizing Sys

Hi,

I've read your post on this really interesting subject...

But let me ask a question: what's the point of using self-evolving taxonomy?

Search engine?

Thesaurus?

Something else?

We kind of disagree b/c there is no "real" point of doing that.

Between creating an ontology for a blog for a search engine and creating a
taxonomy for a subset of Biology the work does not seem the same...

Besides, remember Goedel's theorem which says (if I remember right) that a
system can't prove both its completeness and its closure (if it's the right
English term).

It does limit things isn't it?

So my guess would be: 1/ define why and where we would need that? (a
zeitgeist a la Google?)
2/ think about it :=) 3/ implement a solution (yes I know easier to say than
doing)

Hope to have helped thinking about this subject.

nicolas