From: Jonathan Robie [mailto:jonathan.robie@datadirect.com]
Sent: Tue 9/30/2003 7:51 AM
To: Dare Obasanjo; Rick Jelliffe; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] FW: [ANN]: XQuery: A Guided Tour

I think that the data types of XML Schema Part 2 would have to be a given.
But this is the most common set of types used in RELAX-NG as well.

On the other hand, validation in XQuery is pretty much a black box.
Currently, we import W3C XML Schemas, and validation is defined by that
spec. But there's nothing to say we couldn't import a different kind of
schema and use that for validation, as long as the named types are properly
assigned, and the built-in atomic types of W3C XML Schema are the ones used
for simple types.

Jonathan