   Re: [xml-dev] Managing Innovation

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 09:19:01AM -0500, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Andrew has every right to post his opinions here.
> So do you, Daniel.  Try to resist the urge to tell
> people to shut up when their opinions don't match
> yours.

  Depends if the goal is just to whine or to try to actually
do/change things. There is 3 things I can do:
  1/ ignore
  2/ reply
  3/ unsubscribe
Do you thing that 1/ is in any way more useful than 2/ ?
3/ is just a globalisation of 1/ . I think I already do 1/
far too much, maybe 3/ is simply in order.
And saying "wrong channel" is not exactly like "shut up",
maybe I mixed the message, from an OSS perspective the message
looked to me as useless. Making it concrete and sending it
to the appropriate channels is the way to make it useful.
Apparently that wasn't clear.

> One would think you are a candidate for
> the governor of California.

I don't know how you elect governor there, seems to be a
mess, but there must be money to be made considering how
popular the game looks. Whether the most bullish/arrogant
wins may just reflect what your society rewards, I don't
know, it's unclear to me what point you tried to make.
You can call me directly with the adjective you think is
appropriate, no need to make a convoluted reference.

Daniel