   Re: [xml-dev] Managing Innovation

> Many Unix experts sitting here dispute that.
> They tell me Unix is the most easily hacked operating
> system they've ever worked with.

With all due respect, Len, I do not believe this.  Unless perhaps your
experts are conflating a basic Unix system with something running
turn-key applications.  Unless you're able to provide more information
(and I could well believe you can't), we'll just have to leave this
point in open disagreement.

As for the fading dominance of Unix, etc., it's all relative.  You may
sell big systems, but with revenues around a half-billion, your 100-1
ratio is a drop in the bucket.  (BTW, I had to use Google to find those
numbers; using Search on www.ingr.com gets back "index is corrupt"; I
know your front-end claims to be IIS/4.0, so it's probably safe to
assume the back-end is SQLServer.  I hope those SQL worms didn't get to it.)

Is there anyone on this list who can say with a straight face that
Unix-like operating systems are not an important part of the computing
industry?  Not biggest, not smallest, just important.
	/r$
--
Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect
DataPower Technology                           http://www.datapower.com