   Re: [xml-dev] Fwd: [e-lang] Protocol implementation errors

On Friday 03 October 2003 11:48, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Ok.  What precisely about ASN.1 poses security
> problems beyond the implementation?  I'm surprised
> to hear that.  ASN.1 has been around for a long
> time.

I am not making a remark about problems beyond the implementation.
I am only pointing out that the implementation itself has proved
problematic, even in a coding culture that is highly attuned to
security issues.

If we dismiss this data point as the result of 'sloppy
programming', then who among us is not 'sloppy'? Do we think web
services hackers are typically more competent than the OpenSSL
hackers?

Tyler