   Re: [xml-dev] Reductionist vs Holistic Semantics

[Mike Champion]

 >All social scientists meet the same fate,
 >someday; cynically boring folks in an
 >internet cafe.

And the fate of data modellers in Joni's world? How about this.

         The tree of knowledge, it goes round and round,
         as its synthesised attributes go up and down.
         We are captive on the carousel of time O(n*log(n)).
         We can't return, we can only look, back from where we came,
         And give our walk of the tree some fancy name.[1]

Sean

[1] Joni Mitchell - the Circle Game

http://seanmcgrath.blogspot.com