   Ann: New version of my book "RELAX NG"

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Ann: New version of my book "RELAX NG"
  • From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 16:50:37 +0200

I am happy to announce a new version of my book "RELAX NG" to be
published in December by O'Reilly.

This version is available at the usual URL [1]:

It is now pre-production quality and should be close to the final
version which will be available in print [2] and on line both
commercially through Safari [3] and on my site [1] (and maybe others)
under a GFDL [4] licence.

Although the book shouldn't be drastically updated at this point, you
are still welcome to submit your feedback using our annotation system.

Compared to the version which was previously on line, this new one has
gone through a complete copy editing and should be, thanks to Simon
St.Laurent and Tracey Cranston, in much better (American) English and
much easier to read.

The layout of the pages is now generated from DocBook using an
adaptation of the LDP customisation of Norm Walsh's XSL stylesheets.

This results in a bunch of small pages in a format now familiar to many
users and programmers and this should also improve the readability of
the web version.

I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it!

Eric

[1] http://books.xmlschemata.org/relaxng/
[2] http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0596004214/
[3] http://safari.oreilly.com/