   Re: [xml-dev] About OWL syntax

Didier PH Martin scripsit:

> The class definition and the property definition could be located anywhere
> in the document and no constraints on placement are imposed by the specs. By
> simple examination of the class object it is not possible for somebody to
> deduce what are the properties of this object. However, by a simple
> examination of the property object it is possible to know what are the
> classes associated to this property.

That is intentional in the RDF Schema design: properties are a primitive
notion distinct from classes.  This allows you to add your own properties
to existing classes.  For example, you might define the class your:book,
with properties dc:title, dc:author, isbn:isbn, and your:rating, the last
representing what you think of the book.  I could then add new properties
to the class such as my:rating or my:criticizesW3C.  This is part of the
support machinery for the design principle "anyone can say anything about
anything in RDF".

--
Where the wombat has walked,            John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
it will inevitably walk again.          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan