   RE: [xml-dev] Is google a conceptual graph engine?

First off, gratitude to Didier for the analysis. I'm convinced we need to
use latent (Google-like) as well as blatant (RDF/OWL) semantics to get a
really useful web, and links are definitely hotspots.

> I had heard of link farms; or a cyclic set of links from a set of pages.
> But using blogs is interesting. Do these pages stay on top for a long
> time..

My guess would be that if it was a particularly novel phrase then yes, but
otherwise it would get swamped by more recent (higher ranked) noise.

An interesting side effect with bloggers is that they tend to comment on
other blogs a lot. Most blogging systems will display the commentators
details, often as a link back to their own blog with their name as the text.
A few comments a day is enough to make a strong association between the name
and the blog.

Cheers,
I'm feeling lucky: "danny"