   RE: [xml-dev] About OWL syntax

Hi Danny,

Danny said:
An additional point is that OWL (and RDF) is essentially declarative, so
there isn't an procedural tie between classes and properties like goto. More
like ravioli than spaghetti.

Didier replies:
You are right it is not procedural. I was using the "goto effect" syndrome
from the usability perspective not from the process thread perspective. For
a machine, nothing is wrong about a goto. For a human being, it reduces
readability and therefore increases the probability of errors. This effect
has been documented - if my memory is good - by Ben Schnederman in his book
"software psychology" in 1980. Ravioli is the perfect image for a class
definition as done in several object oriented language.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
http://didier-martin.com