   RE: [xml-dev] fundamental facets - inquiry from the XML SchemaWorking Gr

At 08:21 AM 10/10/2003 -0700, Dare Obasanjo wrote:
>Really, and what spec would define how you perform operations on these
>types? The XQuery working group has already had a painful time dealing
>with the fact that when the W3C XML Schema working group created their
>type system not enough emphasis was placed on defining operations on these
>types just validation.

Fine.  So creators of types need to define operations on them as
well.  Sounds good to me - something that the WXS crew would have done well
to think about.

I'd rather not let the pain the WXS data types have caused for other
working groups stand as a barrier to getting datatypes done right.