   Re: [xml-dev] Preserving the structure of the XML file

Simon:

Thank you for your response.

I've experimented with your Ripper a bit. It appears to handle what we
need. I did notice a bug, though: it appears to stop parsing when it
encounters a PI without any data. For instance:

<?foo ?> breaks Ripper, while <?foo bar?> is ok

Do you know of any other outstanding issues ?

Ideally, what we need is a parser like RIpper that can capture the
events into a tree-like structure. I looked at MOE but it appears a lot
older than Ripper itself. Is there any active work being done on MOE ?

There appears to be another XML parsing technique that appears to
preserve a lot more  information than SAX  -- it is XNI in Xerces. Of
course, it is not nearly as complete as Ripper but it is more detailed
than SAX and is actively used by Xerces. Have you ever evaluated XNI API
for the purpose of "half-parsing" ? What is your opinion ?

Regards,
Oleg Dulin
Opence, Inc.