   Re: [xml-dev] XML for mail

Zohar,

If my understanding of your scenario is correct, here are some points to
offer:

(1) If the transmissions between trading partners are done using Web
Services (you did not explicitly state this), I recommend you look into
using SOAP over SMTP [1].

(2) Regarding the triggering of events:

<Quote>
or in any such cases where data transfer has to be done, want to do such
that on triggering that event
</Quote>

The triggering mechanism would be application-specific, so I won't be
able to offer anything particular for that aspect here.

(3) Regarding the confirmation and password:

<Quote>
On that side on opening that email, it will tell him for what this mail
was sent(as a popup or simple contents of the mail and asks for
permission of that person(confirmation dialogue box and for password if
needed.
</Quote>

That is application-specific as well.

(4) When an XML file is opened by either trading partner as an e-mail
attachment, the receiving system could create an HTML page that
incorporates the XML data and displays it in the browser for the
recipient to review, and confirm whether or not the information is
correct. If confirmed to be correct, the XML file could be parsed and
stored in the database.

Hope these random thoughts help.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part0/#Example14

zohar wrote:

> I am a newbie so please forgive me for asking stupid questions.
> I am developing a ERP application and in that instead of establishing EDI
> between the partners of that supply chain.(suppliers and buyers), want to make
> such that on requisition or any such instance where information is needed to us
> which *can* be obtained from other partner or for maintaining the total stock
> level involving all 3PL providers or in any such cases where data transfer has
> to be done, want to do such that on triggering that event relative XML script
> will be generated (as per the preferences (of vendors and others) and will be
> email to the third party at the mailbox of the particular person or
> designation-with request for read receipt.
> On that side on opening that email, it will tell him for what this mail was
> sent(as a popup or simple contents of the mail and asks for permission of that
> person(confirmation dialogue box and for password if needed.
> After that it will retrieve needed information and make a mail(mostly reply so
> that we an keep record as to for which mail it was answer OR making appropriate
> subject line) for that which is
> to us or to relevant department and will show that information to that person
> (to show what is all retrieved).
> After that, that person has to send that mail.
> On receiving of that mail on our side, it is displayed on the screen of the
> recipient which is authorized for that.
> It will ask him/he whether that information is correct and can be merged in
> relevant table of our database or not.
> On getting confirmation, it triggers the usual events that are needed to include
> that data in our database.
>
> Please answer me surely.
> Thanx in advance for the answer.
> Zohar

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano