   Re: [xml-dev] RDDL and siteData-36

Joe Gregorio wrote:

> I went back and looked at RDDL for inspiration and began to
> prototype an RDDL file that would delineate some of
> those resources, for example a 'favicon.ico' and 'robots.txt'.
> Here is what I came up with so far:

RDDL has been getting simpler, the latest highly unofficial draft is at
http://www.tbray.org/tag/rddl4.html - it's just XHTML with rddl:nature
and rddl:purpose attributes on good ol' <a href=

> <rddl:resource xlink:type="simple"
>     xlink:title="RSS Feed - Full Content"
> xlink:role="http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/application/rss+xml";
>
>     xlink:arcrole="http://www.rddl.org/purposes#syndication";
>     xlink:href="http://bitworking.org/index.rss";
>                                    >

rddl:nature="http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/application/rss+xml";
rddl:purpose="http://www.rddl.org/purposes#syndication";>RSS Feed - full
content</a>

I'm sure you can work out the rest.

> 2. Note that the list of RSS feeds could be quite large
>    as the initial impetus for this was Jeremy Zawodny
>    trying to find a way to list all the feeds that Yahoo!
>    produces. Now instead of just a flat listing
>    this number of feeds would probably
>    best be grouped into categories. Am I missing something
>    or does RDDL not allow a grouping of resources?

There's nothing built in.  Dave Winer et al are proposing OPML for this
purpose because it's hierarchical.  So instead of a ton of pointers in
the RDDL, you'd have one, to the OPML doc.

> 3. Going back to Tim's initial proposal, are there
>    any thoughts on what that
>    "small (but extensible) RDF vocabulary" would look like?

I'm beginning to think RDDL is just the ticket for this. -Tim