   Re: [xml-dev] RDDL and siteData-36

Joe Gregorio wrote:

> I went back and looked at RDDL for inspiration and began to
> prototype an RDDL file that would delineate some of
> those resources, for example a 'favicon.ico' and 'robots.txt'.
> Here is what I came up with so far:

> The first two examples are pointers to RSS feeds, the third is a pointer
> to a 'robots.txt' file and the third points to a 'favicon.ico'.
>
> Now I have the following questions:
> 1. Do these look right? I'm pretty unsure of my
>    choices for Purpose and Nature for each of these.

all looks great. Purposes and Natures look fine to me (there is no "one
right answer")

> 2. Note that the list of RSS feeds could be quite large
>    as the initial impetus for this was Jeremy Zawodny
>    trying to find a way to list all the feeds that Yahoo!
>    produces. Now instead of just a flat listing
>    this number of feeds would probably
>    best be grouped into categories. Am I missing something
>    or does RDDL not allow a grouping of resources?

Not directly. In the original/current RDDL i.e. http://www.rddl.org/ you
can nest <rddl:resource> elements as they themselves contain %Flow.mix,
but in the new RDDL proposal it looks like that (marginal) feature will
get lost.

> 3. Going back to Tim's initial proposal, are there
>    any thoughts on what that
>    "small (but extensible) RDF vocabulary" would look like?

Basically RDDL natures are rdfs:Class'es and RDDL purposes are
rdf:Property's.

Jonathan