   Re: [xml-dev] [OT] how much data in xml-dev?

--- Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it> wrote:
> Could someone please give me a ballpark figure on
> how much data runs through
> xml-dev (uncompressed) per year?
> I want a few sources of different kinds of text data
> for playing with search
> stuff, it'd be nice to play with something a little
> familiar.

Rough order of magnitude, 1000 - 1200 messages / month
, so let's say 12000 - 15000 messages per year.

Each message averages maybe ??? 200-300 words?  Of
course, it depends on how much quotation of previous
messages you want to count.

So, somewhere around 2.4 million to 3.6  million words
a year?