   Re: [xml-dev] An Exploration of Non-linear Dynamic Systems (NLDS)andXML

Didier PH Martin wrote:
>... What we are now
> experimenting with Roger is using XSLT as a transformation rule language to
> modify the state of a set of objects. We are using XSLT transformation in a
> processing loop or cycles to simulate a system.
> ... We are now adding a third processing model: the loop.

I do understand that and think it is interesting.  I am only trying to
remove the talk that mixes up nonlinear, chaotic, and stochastic notions
into the approach to dynamic systems simulation, because the "dynamic
systems" concept does not inherently depend on them.  Of course, once
the thing is worked out, it ought to be able to simulate a chaotic
system, too.

> What is still to experiment is conditional processing. Probably the next
> step is to create the language that will express these different processing
> model and we will have a strange beast ready to model and process complex
> adaptive systems :-)

A strange beast indeed!

Cheers,

Tom P