   Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft Hypes Up XUL As The Greatest Expiriment S ince A

On Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003, at 09:23 America/Detroit, Bullard, Claude L
(Len) wrote:
> co.
>
> It is the performance of the mush of different XML
> languages and objects that would make me wince.  One
> has to ask, why do this in XML at all.

I've been wondering that myself.  Isn't the whole point of XML
portability (or interoperability) across platforms, at the price of
"bloated" data and "inefficient" performance?  That's usually a good
tradeoff, but not if you stay in a proprietary box.

I guess it lets MS leverage all the other XML stuff they do, basically
to support "interoperability" across the various components, teams,
etc.