   RE: [xml-dev] Microsoft Hypes Up XUL As The Greatest Expiriment Since Ad

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Microsoft Hypes Up XUL As The Greatest Expiriment Since Adam And Eve
  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:13:48 -0600

As we do the invevitable Spy Vs Spy rants the important overlooked bit is:

"Of course, the modern programmer wants to know: can I use my own classes as
XAML elements? And the answer is: of course you can. XAML is called the
Extensible Application Markup Language for a reason. Any class that has a
public parameterless constructor and settable properties can be used in
XAML."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/longhorn/default.aspx?pull=/msdnmag/issues/04/01/A
valon/default.aspx

and that is what the MID guys were after ultimately from Steve Newcomb's
inheritable architectures.
Some folks in the IETM community ought to celebrate.  This gets them much
closer to the
original requirements than HTML/web browser ever did.

"We'll have to spend the next ten years of our career redoing the last ten
years
of our career." - Me

Wow.  2003.  Right on schedule.  I love it.

len