   Re: [xml-dev] Associating an XML Schema with a XML Document

Luciano Resende (Discussion List) wrote:
> I have the following Schema and XML files...
> I want to specify that the xml is based on the schema defined as file : booksextended.xsd
> Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong on the xml file ?

You would need to tell us what is happening that causes you to say that
you are "doing something wrong".  However, your schemaLocation value
appears messed up -

> xsi:schemaLocation="file://d//ibm//dev//workspaces//dominoportal//dominoadapter booksextended.xsd">

The schemaLocation has to pair a namespace uri with a schema file, but
your schema does not declare a target namespace and it does not declare
any namespace with that ill-formed file: uri.

More than likely, you want to use noNamespaceSchemaLocation.  I have to
guess that you meant to include the absolute path to your schema file.
If so, your file: uri is messed up. I do not know why you have all those
double slashes in there.  The fact that you have a "d" makes me think
that you are on a Windows system.  Probably you should be using

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="file:///d:/ibm/dev/workspaces/dominoportal/dominoadapter/booksextended.xsd"

If you expect to get solutions, you will need to say more about what you
are actually doing and what symptoms or error messages you are getting.

Cheers,

Tom P