   RE: [xml-dev] ASN.1 is an XML Schema Language (Fix those lists!) and Bin

Alessandro wrote:
> You can certainly define a content model with <i>'s and <p>'s and
<b>'s
> in ASN.1 as you can do in XML Schema.... It should be easy for you
> to do this, by looking at the example above and generalizing it.

The ASN.1 module below is more general than the examples posted by
others. It is also more complete. When combined with an E-XER
encoder/decoder this module will handle XML like:

I believe that this is what Simon was asking for. Does this do it?

TextDemo DEFINITIONS XER INSTRUCTIONS AUTOMATIC TAGS ::=
BEGIN

Text ::= [NAME AS UNCAPITALIZED] Foo

Foo ::= [NAME AS UNCAPITALIZED] [ELEMENT] [EMBED-VALUES] SEQUENCE {
  embed-values SEQUENCE OF UTF8String,
  tags [ANY-ATTRIBUTES] AttrList (CONSTRAINED BY {}),
  choice-list [UNTAGGED] SEQUENCE OF [UNTAGGED] CHOICE {
	b   Foo,
	i   Foo,
	u   Foo
    }
} (CONSTRAINED BY {})

AttrList ::= SEQUENCE OF UTF8String

ENCODING-CONTROL XER
    GLOBAL-DEFAULTS MODIFIED-ENCODINGS
END

Since this issue seems fairly sensitive, I'd appreciate guidance on
cleaning this little example up from any of the ASN.1 guru types that
may be reading this...

		bob wyman