   RE: [xml-dev] ASN.1 is an XML Schema Language (Fix those lists!) and Bin

> >I'm not exactly clear on the value proposition here, but
> that's for the
> >market to sort out.
>
> I'm just watching for tools.

It's certainly the tooling side that has let ASN.1 down in the past. I
wanted to use it for a project in the mid 1980s, and the cost of
licensing a parser turned out to be twice the project budget. Having had
my fingers burnt once, I've been somewhat prejudiced against it ever
since. It's all about reputation and image, not about technical
capability and potential.

Michael Kay