   RE: [xml-dev] Why I Like Longhorn and XAML

Obviously you haven't taken a look at XAML beyond noticing that it an
XML-based markup language that does widgets. It is ASP.NET for the the
desktop. It is amazing for one to claim that HTML is being replaced here
unless you are claiming that HTML is an appropriate mechanism for
building client applications. Then again, Tim Bray keeps claiming as
much so that may actually be your argument as ludicrous as it may sound.

As Len has already pointed out, it is interesting to note that when the
Mozilla folks come up with XUL it is innovative use of XML but when
Microsoft does something similar it is "Replace & Defend" or whatever is
the new anti-Microsoft buzzphrase.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
To err is human, to forgive is against department policy.

rights.