   Re: [xml-dev] Errata E57

At 8:40 AM -0500 11/5/03, John Cowan wrote:

>3) (current)  Post errata to a public page; when there are enough,
>issue a Proposed Edited Recommendation for public comment.  After the
>comment period, change what needs changing in the errata list and
>issue a new edition of the Recommendation.

So is the current process that errata don't count until a new edition
of the recommendation has been issued? That does not seem clear from
the various pages. I don't see anything listed as "proposed errata"
or "possible errata", just errata. In fact, the XML 1.0 errata page
classifies everything on the page as "Known Errors". If it was your
intention that these be considered as tentative, the language of the
page does not reflect that.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu