   Re: [xml-dev] Challenge

On 5/11/03 21:54, "Didier PH Martin" <martind@netfolder.com> wrote:
Didier,

> Firstly, thanks for a first concrete example of how you would do it (at
> least we got finally some sample code).

You are welcome.

> If I understand well, the Xform is processed on the server side. The XML
> document is filled on the server not in the browser. However it's quite
> close, the process is
> a) Create an XForm document to bind widgets to xml elements. This should
> provide sufficient information to an XForm processor to relate a visual
> object to an XML element. So far so good.

Well, Chiba used XSLT to transform my form in to HTML, so yes the instance
was populated on the server. However, once browsers support XForms natively
this won't be a problem (we can all dream). Then you will be able to decide
whether or not the client sees the XML instance or not, as appropriate.

I won't be surprised if there are at least XForms plug-ins available for the
most popular browsers before too long. There are several for IE already.

In the meantime, I will be very interested to hear how you get on.

All the best

Mark